Welcome To Our Website
As Senior Pastor and on behalf of the family of the First Baptist Church, I want to thank you for visiting our website. At the First Baptist Church, we believe God calls each of us to be engaged in a passionate pursuit of Jesus Christ. There is no higher calling than to seek the Lord with all your heart, and in so doing, to glorify Him. We welcome you to join us in this pursuit. The fact that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and then rose from the grave is our fundamental belief. He lives today and stands ready to give abundant and eternal life to all those who repent of sin and place their faith in Him. We invite everyone to receive Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
What a joy it is to introduce you to our church! At the First Baptist Church, our doors are wide open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey.
One of life’s most beautiful words is ‘family’. At the First Baptist Church, we take seriously the Bible’s teaching that Christians are the family of God and therefore brothers and sisters in Christ. As a “family of faith” we seek to worship and serve God, share the good news of the gospel message, and provide the spiritual environment necessary for the believer’s spiritual growth.
In short, you will find us to be a God centered, caring community of individuals who are excited about having the opportunity to extend to you the same love, hope and joy we have received from the Lord. We extend to you a cordial invitation to join us this coming Lord’s Day as the family meets to draw near to God through prayer, thoughtful contemporary songs, traditional hymns and inspiring relevant messages from God’s Word. After the worship service we linger over refreshments, so please take a moment to get to know us better. God bless you.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Pastor Keith Axford
The Sermon from November 16 is posted. Sermons from January 13, 2013 to November 16, 2014 can all be played back from our Website.
We still would like another person who is willing to help out with running Easy Worship and the overheads during services on Wednesday night and/or Sunday services.
This Week in Our Church:
- We welcome Rod and Cheryl Hoople from Yugo Ministries. A special offering for the Yugo Prison Ministry will be taken at the end of the service today.
- Please stay for a potluck lunch after the Worship Service.
- Today - Children’s Church for ages 2-11 during sermon time.All children welcome to attend. The Nursery is available for children under two.
- Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. – Midweek Service: Praise and Worship, “The Jesus Lifestyle” Study, and Prayer. Everyone welcome.
- Thursday, 6:30 p.m. – Alpha and A Life Worth Living at the home of Ross and Val Whitelaw. There are two more sessions.
- Friday, 9:30 a.m. – Women’s Muffin Ministry will not be meeting until the new year. (Barb will still change the signs each week.)
- Friday, 7:00 p.m. – Youth Night at the church for ages 10-18. Info: Terry & Chantal @ 656-4013; Noreen @ 656-2114.
- Sunday, December 7, 2:00 p.m. – WMF Christmas Gathering at the Smoky Lake Curling Club (note change.)All ladies welcome.
- Sunday, December 14, 11:00 a.m. – Sunday School Christmas Program, followed by our annual family dinner. (See back page.)
- Monday, December 15, 4:30 p.m. – Leadership Team meeting.
- Thank you to the ladies who turned out to clean the church last Tuesday: Barb, Lauretta, Val, Laura, Roberta, Christina and Sharon.
- Thank you to Ross for delivering the shoeboxes to a collection centre in Edmonton.
- The widely-acclaimed Focus on the Family documentary movie Irreplaceable will be shown on TV tonight on Vision TV (5:00 p.m.), Hope TV (6:00 p.m.) and YES TV (6:00 p.m.). Tim Sisarich takes us on a journey around the world to answer such questions as*Does family still matter in today’s society? *What’s wrong with families?Don’t miss it!
- The December/January/February issue of Our Daily Breadis available in the entry. Please help yourself to a copy.
- The latest newsletters from the Hohns and Yuri Nakano are on the notice board.
- Missing: a large yellow-handled carving knife that was used for carving pumpkins on Hallelujah Night. It is smaller than the one now in the church kitchen, and was perhaps taken home by mistake. See Sandy or Sharon.
- Wednesday Evenings - 7:00PM - Praise and Worship
- Sunday Mornings - 11:00AM
Children's Ministry - for ages 2-11 during service time. All children welcome to attend. The Nursery is available for children under two.
God With Us
- Latest Sermon
- Prayer Request
- Our Blog
- Our Vision
- Latest News
- Donate Online
- See Us on FaceBook
An amazing story about Mother Teresa!
Here is an ad from LifeSiteNews for support. Mother Teresa's message is profound.
FCSS Smoky Lake
We partner with FCSS Smoky Lake in welcoming newcomers to the community. Anyone wishing to contribute promotional literature and/or gifts from his/her business, please see Michelle.
News from Cheryl and Rod Hoople
Two weeks ago a man entered Celebrate Recovery. JJ (not his real name) had been the leader of his own gang of guys. One of his best friends became a Christian. JJ saw real changes in this guy. A short time later one of our CR leaders invited JJ to church. JJ thought he would check it out. That first Wednesday night JJ accepted Jesus Christ into his heart as his Lord and Savior. The next night he joined us at Celebrate Recovery openly sharing his story of how God miraculously saved him. The joy in this man's heart in finding Jesus was intoxicating. This is only one small story of what God is doing. Marriages are being restored, lives are being transformed. Pray for JJ And others like him that join us week after week that they will be set free from the hurts, habits and hang ups that have kept them in bondage for years.
God has been faithful to send us workers with godly characteristics. As servants of our King we need to lead in power, love and self discipline. Pray for us that God will continue to send more workers to fill the positions that still need filling in the Celebrate Recovery Program.
Celebrate Recovery has programs for adults, children and youth. We plan to introduce a program for children called Celebration Station when we have the materials translated into Spanish. Please join us in prayer for someone to lead the childcare program and for more workers.
We are in a battle and need prayer warriors to lift up the CR program in prayer daily for our leaders, workers and participants. Pray that God will have prayer warriors identify themselves so we can set up a prayer chain to have prayer support in all areas of need for the CR program.
As with every ministry there is a cost involved. With Celebrate Recovery there are many necessities such as books, photocopying, snacks, training materials and the list goes on. Pray that God will raise up monthly supporters for the Recovery Program
Thank you for being our partners in the Recovery Ministry. Your prayers are making a difference for eternity.
Cheryl Hoople - Recovery Ministries Coordinator
Click here to see more about YUGO.
Consolacion Baptist Church in the Philippines
The second floor on the church is nearly finished. What a difference we can make when we reach out to others with our offerings! Click here to see more
Next Few Weeks
- Sunday, December 7, 2:00 p.m. – WMF Christmas Gathering at the home of Elena Jarema.
- Sunday, December 14, 11:00 a.m. – Sunday School Christmas Program, followed by our annual family dinner.
- Monday, December 15, 4:30 p.m. – Leadership Team meeting.
Regularly Scheduled Worship Times:
- Wednesday Evenings - 7:00PM
- Sunday Morning at 11:00 AM, including Sunday School for the children
Current Alpha Courses:
- All courses are now finished, watch for next course schedule
Go to: our own Alpha Web page for more information - watch two powerful testimonies from ladies in our own congrefation.
Quote of the week
As Corrie ten Boom put it: ‘Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow; but it empties today of strength.’
Recent Discussion Points
- Take heart: Nature is on our side, and she does not change
Anthony Esolen - Life Site News
"Our opponents in the battle to form or deform the imagination of children have on their side, for the most part, the school, the airwaves, and mass culture."
"As for the weaknesses: the first is that they are often stupid and inept. For every one of my college freshmen who is dismayed to hear that his beloved childhood schools taught him things that were foolish or false, there are five who are gratified to hear it, and who feel vindicated. For every one of my college seniors who will try to persuade me that I should take a Leonardo Di Caprio seriously as an actor or an intellect, there are five who want me to give them a “viewing list” of classic movies made by men and women whose roots were set in the earth of a Jewish or Christian culture before the advent of mass entertainment. It is hard to listen to or even to look at a Justin Bieber when once you have encountered the far greater talents of George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, or Cole Porter, let alone Aaron Copeland or Antonin Dvorak."
..."Our opponents claim the unnatural. Let them. Nature is on our side, and she does not change."
Using the link above please take time to read the entire article.
- Todd White praying for healing for people in Israel & getting into the dome of the rock
Watch this phenomenal video - click here
- Who is Nicholas Winton?
Until 1988, hardly anyone knew of him. In 1988, Winton’s wife Grete found a scrapbook from 1939.It was full of children's pictures and names. You see, Sir Nicholas Winton is a humanitarian who organized a rescue operation that saved the lives of 669 Jewish Czechoslovakia children from Nazi death camps, and brought them to the safety of Great Britain between the years 1938-1939. He never talked about it up until then because he really is quite humble. Watch this youtube video of a 60 Minutes special entitled: Sir Nicholas Winton "Saving the Children". He made a difference... You can too!
Read discussion points, recent and previous, on our Blog page and feel free to comment
You can give a one-time or a recurring gift to First Baptist Church from this website using the services of CanadaHelps.org, just click on the icon directly below: